- Do not eat or drink (including water) for six (6) hours prior to your appointment.
- Do not smoke at least 12 hours prior to oral surgery. Also, cut down on smoking prior to the day of surgery.
- Patients should be accompanied by an adult who can remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home after the treatment.
- Wear loose fitting clothes with sleeves, which can be rolled up past the elbow. Wear comfortable shoes with no heel.
- Dr. Calat will ask you to remove contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, heavy makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have a cold, a sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take oral medication please check with Dr. Calat prior to your surgery for additional instructions.
- After general sedation the patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Phlebitis, or irritation of the vein, can occur on the injection site. Use moist heat and take Ibuprofen to alleviate any discomfort. Should you have persistent pain, please contact us.